Wait till you have to walk her down the aisle, and plant those butterfly kisses. Real good post. That's what life is all about.
My oldest daughter graduates high school here in a few weeks, and I've almost become a basket case. Merely thinking about her leaving the nest brings tears to my eyes and has even led to a few outright sob sessions! Just want to encourage all of you parents to make the most of every day with your kids, as time swiftly escapes us. Parenting is the most difficult job in the world, but also the most rewarding.
Wait till you have to walk her down the aisle, and plant those butterfly kisses. Real good post. That's what life is all about.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My oldest daughter graduates high school here in a few weeks, and I've almost become a basket case. Merely thinking about her leaving the nest brings tears to my eyes and has even led to a few outright sob sessions! Just want to encourage all of you parents to make the most of every day with your kids, as time swiftly escapes us. Parenting is the most difficult job in the world, but also the most rewarding. </div></div>
Yes.. dont remind me I dread that day [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]
My little girl just turned 7. I don't want to even think about it.
Got a son graduating in two years, I know it will be an adjustment.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait till you have to walk her down the aisle, and plant those butterfly kisses. </div></div>
Man, I dread that day. And to think I have to do it 4 times!
Wel, old man, I understand your feelings. I noticed at the PV Graduation when my boys graduated, that it was the fathers having the hardest time. After they finish high school, it is never quite the same. Hang in there, you have some excellent kids. Very pretty also, but I guess we can thank their mother for that.
You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."
I'm graduating soon. The pressure is on.
Officially retired
My boy's graduating in 3 years. I just hope he doesn't make the same mistakes I made after I got out of high school.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
Just when I need some encouragement, along comes one retiredteach! JK, I am having a difficult time with this whole process. I appreciate your compliments...I personally believe that I have the most beautiful daughters in all three PV schools...and they all look just like me!
You could get banned for not telling the truth. They are very sweet also, especially the one that works at Mutual. Always very helpful. I can't remember my parents having a hard time when I graduated. Perhaps they couldn't believe it.
You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."
Bookmarks